Objective 1: With the given worksheet, students are able to match vocabulary words with their corresponding pictures and definition correctly.
Activity 1: Word Wall Match-up
Assessment 1: Check List
Objective 2: With those vocabulary words, students are able to make predictions about the reading passage and justify how they did it accordingly.
Activity 2: Making Predictions
Assessment 2: Mini Whiteboard, Oral Report, rubrics
II. Main Task
Objective 3: Divided into two groups, students are able to answer the comprehension questions correctly, decide on the best title and summarize the passage with a short paragraph.
Activity 3: Jigsaw
Assessment 3: Check List
Objective 4: Working in groups of four, each student takes on a task from the worksheet and completes it with their partners in the Expert Group so that they can share what they learned when going back to Home Group.
Activity 4: Jigsaw +
Assessment 4: Check List, Rubrics
Objective 5: With students’ LC posted on the wall, the first two and the other two taker turns elaborating and walking around to learn from each other.
Activity 5: Gallery Walk
Assessment 5: Rubrics for oral report
Objective 6: After the Walk, students work in groups and decide on the most inspirational group so that they can improve their originals accordingly.
Activity 6: Discussion and Oral Report
Assessment 6: Peer Evaluation
IV. Teaching Procedures
1. Greeting, introducing the topic and what we’re going to achieve today (3 mins)
2. Word Wall Match-up, including introduction, instructions, monitoring and feedback (10 mins)
3. Making predictions with Mini Whiteboard (5 mins)
comprehension questions, the main idea and summary of the text (10 mins) Reading
5. Introduction to tasks (2 mins), Home Group (5 mins), Expert Group (5 mins)
6. Gallery Walk (5 mins)
7. Peer Evaluation, Discussion (2 mins), Report (3 mins)
8. Wrap-up (3 mins), Q and A (7 mins)